Saturday, December 19, 2009

Walking in the Woods

You see a lot of amazing things when you spend time in the woods. I do. I also spend a lot of time walking in the woods. Here in Virginia there are many great things to see: the ocean, the mountains, waterfalls, sunsets, bobcats and bear. But there is much more when we open our eyes with our macro lenses.


The above picture is a Christmas ornament I made for my little sister Joy from the wonderful natural grapevine shapes found in the woods. Like the earrings I have made below I started with a several step preparatory process to treat, strengthen, and protect the vines. A sterling silver wire wrap to hang the ornament and I had a unique gift for little sis.

My brothers beautiful wife posed below with a few of my earrings for your viewing.








No comments:

Post a Comment